Great Authors, Valuable Ideas, and my 2cents…
Posts By Atul Vaid imported from atulvaid.net
- Mall Development Mechanicsby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Summary – Mall development is difficult to pull off successfully. Mall Developers, shoppers and retailers all struggle to find quality retail space and an enthralling visit experience. What is lacking is development of a nuts and bolts approach to retail development, and an appreciation of the requirements of the mall format. This short paper outlines … Mall Development Mechanics Read More » The post Mall Development Mechanics appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Will Amazon Exist Beyond 2030by atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Amazon seems to be an unstoppable juggernaut, crushing everything in its path in its race to be the biggest firm on the planet. But there may be unforeseen obstacles in its path, the same ones that stopped a whole host of similar monopolizers in the past – the spectre of anti-trust actions by the US … Will Amazon Exist Beyond 2030 Read More » The post Will Amazon Exist Beyond 2030 appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Business Challenges Which Worry CEOs and Leadersby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Business challenges come in all shapes and sizes. I was recently working with a group of CEOs and senior functional leaders, and a frequently recurring topic that came up was how stressed they are due to the issues in each sector. What struck me was how similar were the challenges they faced (given some scope … Business Challenges Which Worry CEOs and Leaders Read More » The post Business Challenges Which Worry CEOs and Leaders appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Consulting Wisdom – 13 Things Baby Consultants Should Knowby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
You’ve been dreaming of a consulting career with a high-profile international consulting firm all through your college years. You’re linked to news site covering consultants who are changing the world. You’ve read ‘Barbarians at the Gate’. Your prestigious college was always inviting industry names who started their careers in brand-name consulting firms. So you join … Consulting Wisdom – 13 Things Baby Consultants Should Know Read More » The post Consulting Wisdom – 13 Things Baby Consultants Should Know appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Real Estate Development – How to Calculate Market Potential of A Land Parcelby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Real estate development is difficult with high levels of risk because the realizable value of a land parcel depends on many factors. This note applies to the initial stages of developing a new property, and provides an overview of the method you can use to develop the design concept, and evaluate the likely returns from … Real Estate Development – How to Calculate Market Potential of A Land Parcel Read More » The post Real Estate Development – How to Calculate Market Potential of A Land Parcel appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- How Non Profits Use Technologyby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
Nonprofits apply technology in a number of areas and appreciate its application in communicating with stakeholders, and in raising funds. The 2019 Global NGO Technology Report makes for interesting reading for the excellent and voluminous data about how nonprofits (or to use their term – Non Governmental Organizations or “NGOs”, I’ll use the terms interchangeably) … How Non Profits Use Technology Read More » The post How Non Profits Use Technology appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Strategy for Nonprofits – 10 Things to Rememberby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
I’ve worked on a lot of strategy consulting engagements for government and nonprofit clients over the years. When I started, these were the sectors which were the least developed in terms of management thought and the application of technology. Michael Porter was quite emphatic about the situation: “Billions are wasted on ineffective philanthropy. Philanthropy is … Strategy for Nonprofits – 10 Things to Remember Read More » The post Strategy for Nonprofits – 10 Things to Remember appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Skills Business Grads Need Early In Their Careersby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
Skills that business graduates need to succeed include a number of ‘invisible’ skills that are not taught by their B-schools. As a long-time professional management consultant, I’ve had the pleasure of hiring and working with very intelligent people in India, Europe and the USA. Most of them had MBAs, some from prestigious brand-name schools, and … Skills Business Grads Need Early In Their Careers Read More » The post Skills Business Grads Need Early In Their Careers appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Nonprofits Acting As Incubators Will Be Force Multipliersby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
One of the biggest questions in the development space these days is how to maintain the relevance of nonprofit organizations in an environment of economic stress and the expectations of stakeholders that nonprofits should operate as per principles more usually found in market-driven businesses. These aspects are forcing nonprofits to rethink areas such as relationship … Nonprofits Acting As Incubators Will Be Force Multipliers Read More » The post Nonprofits Acting As Incubators Will Be Force Multipliers appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- You Should Run for Presidentby Managing Editor (James Altucher) on 26/02/2021
I am officially a candidate for President of the United States in 2024 and you should do it also. I went to the website for the Federal Elections Commission. I filled out all the paperwork. It took me 10 minutes. It cost me zero money. Now I am an official candidate in the eyes of The post You Should Run for President appeared first on James Altucher.
- 21 Must-Know Instagram Facts for 2021 [Infographic]on 25/02/2021
Did you know that 25 million businesses are on Instagram and that Photo Ads receive the most marketer spend on the platform? Those are just a couple of the 21 Instagram stats presented in a recent infographic. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- How to Create a Continuously Learning & Evolving Organization w/ Jeff Kavanaugh Ep#91by email@example.com (Anthony Taylor) (SME Strategy Management Consulting Blog) on 24/02/2021
“The rate of market change is faster than the rate of your ability to create something or respond”.
- When Should You Shelve Those Marketing Ideas? Use These Five Prioritization Tactics to Find the Answeron 24/02/2021
Marketers are notorious for loving new concepts. But how do you decide which ideas are immediately relevant and which ones can be stored for later? These five tips can help. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- Struggling With Digital Communication? Here Are Five Ways to Nail Iton 24/02/2021
Digital communication is more important than ever, but many marketers are still wondering how to effectively handle engagement tactics and customer experiences in the virtual world. While forming your strategy, keep these five tips in mind. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- New Channels, Better Targeting: How B2B Tech Marketing Is Changingon 24/02/2021
Most B2B tech and telco marketers say their firm plans to increase the number of marketing channels in its media mix in 2021 and to focus on driving efficiencies in targeting, according to recent research from WARC and Spotify. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- You Can’t Do That!by Managing Editor (James Altucher) on 23/02/2021
“Altucher’s new book, Skip the Line, is his best book EVER. It’s his first book filled with practical advice that has worked for him and others. I wish I read it when I was a young comedian.” – Jerry Seinfeld. “You can’t skip the line, James.” I wanted to be a hedge fund manager but The post You Can’t Do That! appeared first on James Altucher.
- RFP Benchmarks: Time, Staffing, and Win-Rate Trendson 23/02/2021
Firms spend 23 hours writing a response to a request for proposal (RFP) and involve nine people in the process, on average, according to recent research from Loopio. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- Six Prerequisites for a Responsive Brandon 23/02/2021
How quick are your brand’s reflexes? In a world where brand response has to match the speed of social media feeds, you can’t afford to be sluggish. Achieving responsive brand marketing means asking yourself these six questions. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- Summary Sunday: Interviewing, Job Searching and Moreby Hannah Morgan (Career Sherpa) on 28/02/2021
- Change Your Career… By Changing Your Words? 3 Subtle Language-shifts That Will Spark New Ideas And Boost Your Confidenceby Natasha Stanley (Careershifters blog) on 23/02/2021
- From Law to Portfolio Careerby Sab (Careershifters blog) on 23/02/2021