Great Authors, Valuable Ideas, and my 2cents…
Posts By Atul Vaid imported from atulvaid.net
- Mall Development Mechanicsby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Summary – Mall development is difficult to pull off successfully. Mall Developers, shoppers and retailers all struggle to find quality retail space and an enthralling visit experience. What is lacking is development of a nuts and bolts approach to retail development, and an appreciation of the requirements of the mall format. This short paper outlines … Mall Development Mechanics Read More » The post Mall Development Mechanics appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Will Amazon Exist Beyond 2030by atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Amazon seems to be an unstoppable juggernaut, crushing everything in its path in its race to be the biggest firm on the planet. But there may be unforeseen obstacles in its path, the same ones that stopped a whole host of similar monopolizers in the past – the spectre of anti-trust actions by the US … Will Amazon Exist Beyond 2030 Read More » The post Will Amazon Exist Beyond 2030 appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Business Challenges Which Worry CEOs and Leadersby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Business challenges come in all shapes and sizes. I was recently working with a group of CEOs and senior functional leaders, and a frequently recurring topic that came up was how stressed they are due to the issues in each sector. What struck me was how similar were the challenges they faced (given some scope … Business Challenges Which Worry CEOs and Leaders Read More » The post Business Challenges Which Worry CEOs and Leaders appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Consulting Wisdom – 13 Things Baby Consultants Should Knowby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
You’ve been dreaming of a consulting career with a high-profile international consulting firm all through your college years. You’re linked to news site covering consultants who are changing the world. You’ve read ‘Barbarians at the Gate’. Your prestigious college was always inviting industry names who started their careers in brand-name consulting firms. So you join … Consulting Wisdom – 13 Things Baby Consultants Should Know Read More » The post Consulting Wisdom – 13 Things Baby Consultants Should Know appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Real Estate Development – How to Calculate Market Potential of A Land Parcelby atulvaid on 29/07/2020
Real estate development is difficult with high levels of risk because the realizable value of a land parcel depends on many factors. This note applies to the initial stages of developing a new property, and provides an overview of the method you can use to develop the design concept, and evaluate the likely returns from … Real Estate Development – How to Calculate Market Potential of A Land Parcel Read More » The post Real Estate Development – How to Calculate Market Potential of A Land Parcel appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- How Non Profits Use Technologyby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
Nonprofits apply technology in a number of areas and appreciate its application in communicating with stakeholders, and in raising funds. The 2019 Global NGO Technology Report makes for interesting reading for the excellent and voluminous data about how nonprofits (or to use their term – Non Governmental Organizations or “NGOs”, I’ll use the terms interchangeably) … How Non Profits Use Technology Read More » The post How Non Profits Use Technology appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Strategy for Nonprofits – 10 Things to Rememberby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
I’ve worked on a lot of strategy consulting engagements for government and nonprofit clients over the years. When I started, these were the sectors which were the least developed in terms of management thought and the application of technology. Michael Porter was quite emphatic about the situation: “Billions are wasted on ineffective philanthropy. Philanthropy is … Strategy for Nonprofits – 10 Things to Remember Read More » The post Strategy for Nonprofits – 10 Things to Remember appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Skills Business Grads Need Early In Their Careersby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
Skills that business graduates need to succeed include a number of ‘invisible’ skills that are not taught by their B-schools. As a long-time professional management consultant, I’ve had the pleasure of hiring and working with very intelligent people in India, Europe and the USA. Most of them had MBAs, some from prestigious brand-name schools, and … Skills Business Grads Need Early In Their Careers Read More » The post Skills Business Grads Need Early In Their Careers appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Nonprofits Acting As Incubators Will Be Force Multipliersby atulvaid on 25/06/2020
One of the biggest questions in the development space these days is how to maintain the relevance of nonprofit organizations in an environment of economic stress and the expectations of stakeholders that nonprofits should operate as per principles more usually found in market-driven businesses. These aspects are forcing nonprofits to rethink areas such as relationship … Nonprofits Acting As Incubators Will Be Force Multipliers Read More » The post Nonprofits Acting As Incubators Will Be Force Multipliers appeared first on ATUL VAID.
- Landing Page Conversion Benchmarks for 16 Industrieson 05/05/2021
Median and average conversion rates for landing pages vary significantly by industry and by type of page, according to recent research from Unbounce. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- Poised for Profit: Execs Reflect on Digital Customer Engagementon 05/05/2021
The transformation to digital engagement from in-person selling has undoubtedly been a challenge. Seven executives from Fortune 1000 companies share their experiences of successfully shifting to digital customer engagement. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- Four Ways to Use Interactive Content to Succeed at Virtual Tradeshowson 05/05/2021
Static images and regular voiceovers are not enough to succeed at virtual events. Attendees’ attention spans are in danger of waning without the inclusion of interactive tools in your presentations. Here are four possibilities. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- How to Improve Accessibility & Become an Inclusive Workplace w/Tova Sherman Ep#100by email@example.com (Anthony Taylor) (SME Strategy Management Consulting Blog) on 05/05/2021
Tova Sherman is the Canadian born, award-winning CEO of reachAbility, an organization that works directly with companies to build their capacity for inclusion through education, training, and consultation. She’s also a TED speaker, and author of the brand new book, Win, Win, Win! The 18 Inclusion-isms You Need to Become a Disability Confident Employer. On this episode of the Strategy & Leadership Podcast, Tova joins us to discuss what people are missing about diversity & inclusion, tips to become more inclusive, accessibility, biases in the hiring process, and much more.
- How Advertising Budgets Are Evolving in 2021on 04/05/2021
Most marketers plan to increase their ad spend in 2021 on digital channels, such as social media, search, and video, and either maintain or reduce their spend on traditional channels, such as television, according to Nielsen research. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- Five Reasons Marketing Orchestration, Powered by the Right Tech Stack, Is Critical to Your Strategy Executionon 04/05/2021
To execute marketing strategy, marketers need to synchronize and coordinate–they need to orchestrate–a host of marketing processes. Your tech stack can either empower or undermine that effort. Here are five things you need to know. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- On Instagram, Video vs. IGTV Posts: Which Perform Better? [Infographic]on 04/05/2021
Traditional video on Instagram tends to outperform IGTV (Instagram’s long-form, immersive format), according to a recent analysis conducted by Social Insider. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- LIVE: How to Adapt & Plan for a Post-Pandemic Recovery w/Dr. Gleb Tsipurskyby firstname.lastname@example.org (Anthony Taylor) (SME Strategy Management Consulting Blog) on 30/04/2021
With vaccines being rolled out, there is an end of the global pandemic coming into sight (at least for some of us). But make no mistake, the time beyond the pandemic will be anything but ‘normal’. Some aspects of life will drift back towards the time as they were before, while others will stay cemented in place. Some parts of your life will have completely changed forever.
- Sales Outreach in Five Steps: How to Run Campaigns That Get Results and Don’t Burn Your Leadson 29/04/2021
Cold sales outreach has lost popularity with B2B marketers, but that doesn’t mean the technique is obsolete: You just have to start by warming up your prospects first. Here’s how, in five steps. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
- I Hate My Job! Simple Tips For What To Do Next…by Hannah Morgan (Career Sherpa) on 05/05/2021
- The Feel-good Trap: How The Search For Happiness Is Keeping You Stuck In Your Shift (And What To Focus On Instead)by Natasha Stanley (Careershifters blog) on 04/05/2021
- From Property to Foodby Sab (Careershifters blog) on 04/05/2021